Pupil Premium Expenditure
Pupil Premium provides funding for two policies:
- Raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential
- Supporting children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
Pupil Premium per pupil for the year 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 is as follows:
- £1,320 for every pupil in Year Groups Reception to Year 6 recorded as “Ever 6 FSM”;
- £2,300 for every Looked-After Child (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is “in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English Local Authority”;
- £2,300 for every pupil who has ceased to be looked after by a Local Authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship, a child arrangements order or a residence order;
- £300 for every pupil in Year Groups Reception to Year 11 recorded as “Ever 6 Service Child” or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.
The grant may be spent in the following ways:
- for the purposes of the school i.e. for the educational benefit of pupils registered at the school
- for the benefit of pupils registered at other maintained schools or academies
- on community facilities e.g. services whose provision furthers any charitable purpose for the benefit of pupils at the school or their families, or people who live or work in the locality in which the school is situated
Please view the document below for information on our current Pupil Premium Strategy.
In 2018/19 we received £87,420, based on 14% of our children being eligible for Pupil Premium.
In 2017/18 we received £93,280, based on 16% of our children being eligible for Pupil Premium.
In 2016/17 we received £83,060, based on 15% of our children being eligible for Pupil Premium.