PE and Sports
At Valley Invicta Primary at East Borough physical education is an important part of our curriculum that is inclusive and engages all pupils. At Valley Invicta Primary School at East Borough, we believe that exercise and sport can have a positive effect on children’s wellbeing, and we feel PE is an essential part of not only the curriculum, but daily life.
It is our intention when teaching the PE curriculum that we develop the enjoyment of physical activity and give children the opportunities to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding and apply these in competitive situations. We aim to give them the courage and confidence to try new activities and build resilience and determination with all they do. Through our curriculum and extra-curricular clubs, we promote positive attitudes to health and wellbeing, the development of fundamental skills and a love for being active.
We follow the aims of the national curriculum to ensure that all children:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives.
As PE is such an essential subject for health and wellbeing, it is important that children have the correct kit to be able to take part.
Our PE kit comprises of:
- Plain white t-shirt
- Black or Navy blue shorts (not cycling shorts)
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Black, grey or navy tracksuit (not leggings)
- No jewellery or earings to be worn.
Please label all items of PE kit with your child’s name.