At Valley Invicta Primary School at East Borough, we are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. We have a number of polices and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment. Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies where there are concerns about a child's welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are: -
- Mrs Carole Bacon (Headteacher & Lead DSL)
- Mrs Lydia Vincett (Deputy Headteacher and Deputy DSL)
- Mrs Stephanie Clarke (Family Liaison Officer and Deputy DSL)
- Mr Steve Martin (Assistant Headteacher and DSL)
- Mrs Sophie Morris (Assistant Headteacher and DSL, currently on maternity leave)
- Mrs Charlotte McClymont (EYFS teacher and DSL, specialism online safety)
- Mrs Vanda Pedreschi (Governor responsible for Safeguarding)
The DSLs receive regular update training from Kent County Council and all staff at East Borough receive safeguarding training each year led by our team of DSLs. The training covers topics such as signs and symptoms of abuse, how to record and report incidents, how to help pupils stay safe online, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Prevent (radicalisation and extremism), gang culture and Child Sexual Exploitation(CSE).
If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child at our school, please contact the school office in confidence and ask to speak to any of our DSLs.
Telephone: 01622 754633